In March 2011, while Patrick was still in custody, he received the attached letter from me. The letter was in response to a line of communication he had started with me after I had been absent from his and our son’s lives for the past 9 years.
This letter was sent before all the backstabbing, lies, deceit, et cetera, had begun. At this point Patrick and I were still on amicable terms. Also, at this point I hadn’t actually been in contact with our son yet.
Essentially, in this letter I say:
- …what made me stop fighting, was a conversation you and I had where you actually asked me not to take [our son]…
- I remember the last email I sent you. It was in response to you saying that no matter what, [our son] needs his mother. It was not because I had given up on him – it was because you guys loved each other.
- It tore me apart and it hurt ten time’s [sic] worse every time we talked or emailed or anything. So I let you have him.
- I will add here, that it absolutely killed me both times [our son] asked me to see him. I had to think of some way to say no while telling him how so very much I wished I could.
- I could search him out that is true – but why would I do that?
- Although it did play a large part in why I didn’t come after [our son] over the years – or at least just try to contact him, it was not completely your fault.
Those are, of course, just a few specific quotes. Don’t rely just on that – read the letter!
Some of you may say “But the letter is typed, it’s not hand written, it’s not signed. How do we know it’s really from Desiree?” Come on, people! Do you think I’m that flaky that I would waste your time with something that I can simply deny? That, and other letters I sent Patrick while he was in custody were attached as exhibits to a declaration in the family court in 2012. In my responsive declaration I could have challenged their authenticity if there was any question about it – but I didn’t! I conceded their authenticity.
So, as if that’s not enough proof that I’m full of shit, I even included, as an exhibit, a declaration from my own mother wherein my mother openly admits that in 2006 she was in full contact with Patrick and our son, she had been to their apartment, and she had babysat our son. Of course, Teresa Hoffman is clearly as delusional a I am, as you can see from her claim that Patrick was in a bar, in Phoenix, with a gun on his belt, lining up bullets on the table [Comment from the Editor: It’s illegal to bring a firearm into an establishment which serves alcohol in Arizona].
So, are there still people out there that do not yet believe that I have been playing you? Is there anyone who is still actually thinking that I’m a good person, a kind person, a person worth defending? Is a person (Desiree) who would falsely accuse another person (Patrick) of abducting a child and hiding that child from his mother for 9 years – is that a person you really want to defend?
And is there still anyone out there who still believes this website is disgusting and horrible and that Patrick is a monster for creating it? Is it really wrong to think that a woman like me needs to be stopped and deserves everything this site has brought her?
And how can you not be angry with me after I cried my false tears on your television, and told you with such convincing sincerity all those lies. Lies which were intended to do one thing: to make you feel sorry for me. And boy did you suckers fall for it.
I suspect some of you are probably starting to get pretty pissed off at this woman who has the audacity to come into your homes (via the TV and the Internet – not literally) and so blatantly take advantage of your kindness, your compassion, your decency. But I would ask you, please, don’t send me strongly worded emails, expressing your entirely justified disapproval – No, instead post those strongly worded messages on this website. That way you can share your disapproval with the world rather than having it quietly ignored by a selfish narcissist who will probably just delete it anyway.
Good evening my friends.