Good day, friends.
First, I have to give props to Natalie Clancy and the folks at CBC for running that story about this website. I mean, I claim this site is ruining my life yet I go to the media with it? Am I really that fucking retarded? This site has gotten so much activity today Patrick had to upgrade his hosting plan so that users wouldn’t get rejected.
As for how it might affect Patrick – honestly, he couldn’t possibly care less if “the masses” of sheep out there, blindly following the news media, think he’s an asshole. If I was hoping that running this story was going to upset him in some way I’m pretty misguided. As far as Patrick’s concerned, all it has done was driven a hell of a lot more traffic to the site and given him tonnes of free advertising.
Now, I do want to take a moment and clear up some confusion and misunderstandings that some people seem to have:
- First, a lot of people seem to think I got custody of our son while Patrick was serving some prison sentence for perjury. That’s incorrect. Patrick never served a day in prison for perjury or for any other crime. You can verify that on the Bureau of Prisons website. Just enter the name “Richard Riess” and you’ll see there is a record for that name but no record of him ever being in their custody. In fact, I got custody of our son while Patrick was in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) “civil detention”, as a result of me calling them and telling them Patrick was a fugitive and an illegal alien. That happened in January 2013.
- Second, everything Patrick is doing against me right now, I have already done to him over the past few years. He’s just much better at it. In 2012, before I “had him deported”, when he still had custody of our son, I contacted as many of his friends, associates, and people I thought were his family and told them all manner of lies to try to turn them against him. At least all he’s telling is the truth.
- Patrick is not concerned with how all this affects our son because as he said in the interview: our son despises me for what I’ve done. You can’t abandon your child when he’s a year old then come back when he’s 11 and just pretend it’s all okay. Life is not a Disney movie people – children build a bond with a parent over time, that bond is not automatic and inherent. Our son didn’t choose to be with me – I abducted him.
- Patrick’s legal name was never “Richard Riess”. He assumed that name in the 1990s – back when it was fairly easy to do so. He told Miss Clancy that, and he also told her he would not answer any questions regarding his place of birth, his citizenship, or his name prior to assuming the name “Richard Riess”. He just doesn’t believe that information is relevant to the topic of this website or the drama between myself and him.
- My claims that Patrick hid our son from me for most of his life have already been determined to be completely false. During that whole 9 years I never once contacted the family court about it; Patrick was in contact with my mother – who used to babysit our son when they lived in Phoenix. If my claim were true then the court would not have ordered me to return our son to Patrick in 2011, the first time I abducted him.
- Some people have expressed doubt that the documentary evidence posted on this site, proving the things I’ve done, is authentic. Anybody in the world can submit a public records request to the respective reporting agency and get their own copy. How do you think Patrick got them? Go ahead, we’re not hiding anything here. Contact the Scottsdale Police Department, or the Sahuarita Police Department, or the Pinellas County Sheriff, or the Santa Monica Police Department and request all the reports they have on me.
- Some people seem to think that just because I have a medical marijuana card that means I’m not a drug addict. That’s absurd! Marijuana is a drug – it alters your mood. Just because I’m legally allowed to use it doesn’t make me any less of a druggie. And what about my meth use? I sure doesn’t have a medical meth card.
- Some people actually submitted complaints to Web.com (the domain name registrar) requesting that they do something about the website. But Web.com is only the domain registrar – what you’re complaining about is the content on the website. The two have nothing to do with each other. Web.com has nothing to do with what’s published on a website that they don’t host. Also, be aware, every complaint that gets submitted to Web.com gets forwarded to Patrick.
- Miss Clancy gave the impression that Shaw was somehow involved with hosting the website. In fact, it’s never been hosted by Shaw. Shaw only provided the internet connection when it was hosted on Patrick’s own server. It’s now hosted in Iceland because Iceland has amazing free speech laws. It’s also mirrored in Russia and Argentina – because none of those countries bow down to the US government.
- Patrick has no interest in returning to the US. He likes it there in Canada and he’s not going to publicly disclose any information which the Canadian or US governments might be able to use to send him back to the US. To that end, any allegations about Patrick being a Canadian citizen or being born in Canada are fine with him. He neither admits nor denies them. You’re all free to believe whatever you want on that point.
That’s all for now – I have to go eat.
Since this story ran on CBC, it has been picked up and/or reposted by numerous other news agencies – apparently as far away as Europe. This site, which previously received about 30 visitors per day shot up to 33,000 visitors yesterday and it looks like it’s going to significantly surpass that today.
Patrick has been contacted by a few other news agencies asking if he’d be interested in being interviewed to “tell his side of the story”. I wonder, is this really the outcome I expected?
As a result of the increase in traffic to this site, Patrick has upgraded the hosting plan twice since yesterday to ensure viewers will not be turned away. Even still, it’s occasionally reaching the resource limits.
I’m amazed that so many people are interested in the bickering between a couple of unknown jackoffs like me and Patrick.